Earth Day is an annual event on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First held on April 22, 1970, it now includes a wide range of events coordinated globally by EarthDay.org including 1 billion people in more than 193 countries. Not only is Earth Day a day meant to increase awareness of environmental problems, but it is also becoming a popular time for many communities to gather together to clean up litter, plant trees, or simply reflect on the beauty of nature.
Celebrate Earth Day by appreciating and respecting the natural world. Here are some ideas to inspire you this year.
1. Clean Up Plastic in Your Neighborhood or Local Park
2. Swap Out Your Kitchen and Household Products!
3. Plant a Tree!
4. Use Wildflowers and Native Plants
5. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle in the Garden
6. Stop Pesticides and Chemicals in the Garden
7. Conserve Water!
8. Recycle. REcycle. RECYCLE!!!
9. Freeze your fruits and veggies before they go bad.
10. And last but not least, buy less but buy better when you do buy!
We only have one Earth, let's protect it. Happy Earth Day!