This photograph appeared in the book "Hadjin and the Armenian Massacres "by Rose Lambert (1911).
The American Board compound appears in the foreground, lower right.
This side of town was called Krdet, after the river that flowed along the east side of town.
Visible here is the eastern edge of Upper Hadjin and a section of Middle Hadjin (lower left).
St. Hagop Monastery is in the distance at the foot of the mountain bearing the same name.
The small mosque with a lone minaret (bottom far left) had been built for the small Turkish population.
During the siege of 1909, a contingent of Armenians protected the mosque.