Girls studying at the Mount Holyoke Girls Seminary
Vilayet of Bitlis/Paghesh
After the massacres of 1895, the missionaries in Bitlis opened orphanages for both boys and girls.
These are the girls that were cared for at the Mount Holyoke Girls Seminary.
Their teacher, a graduate of the school, is seated in the right hand corner.
(Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections)
Houshamadyan - http://www.houshamadyan.org
photograph | seminary | Turkey | genocide | Armenia | Houshamadyan | Missionary | education | history | orphanage | orphans | teachers | Mount Holyoke
This item is shared by Silvina Der-Meguerditchian
the Community and the World.